JOB POSTING – Contract Position
Coordinator – Public Education Program
Sexual Assault Centre (Hamilton and Area)
$28.15 per hour + benefits, 28 hours per week, 9-month contract
The Sexual Assault Centre (Hamilton & Area) –SACHA, seeks a woman- identified or non-binary person to fill the position of part-time, contract Public Education Coordinator.
- Maintain an education program that is consistent with the SACHA’s vision, mission, polices and program guidelines.
- Strive towards representation of and responsiveness to the needs of Hamilton’s diverse communities
- Provide presentation, workshops, trainings and interviews that meet program goals and objectives
- Outreach to the community to expand program opportunities
- In conjunction with the Crisis/Support Program Coordinator, share facilitation of volunteer training sessions
- Coordinate the annual Take Back the Night event
- Manage all educational resources
- Manage SACHA’s social media platforms
- Represent SACHA on select community committees if required
- In conjunction with the Director, manage SACHA’s media relations
- Assist with the maintenance of social and print media
- Assist with the maintenance of the SACHA website
The Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Experience providing presentations/workshops to diverse populations;
- Experience working with staff, community partners and service users from diverse and marginalized communities;
- A strong understanding of sexual violence from an intersectional feminist, anti-racist, anti-oppressive perspective
- Experience working with trauma informed, resiliency and strength based approaches
- Knowledge of appropriate community resources in the Hamilton area
- A strong understanding of community building and engagement with equity seeking groups.
- Relevant College and/or University degree or applicable experience
- High level of computer/technology competency;
- Knowledge of graphics software such as Adobe Illustrator is an asset
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written), team-building and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Rotating weekend and evening on-call availability for crisis support line
- Evening availability
- Willingness to flex time as required
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
Ability to speak a second language in addition to English is a definite asset.
Please send a cover letter and resume by Friday, November 22, 2019 at 4pm.
SACHA Hiring Committee
3rd Floor – 75 MacNab Street South Hamilton, Ontario
No phone calls/email inquiries please
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of SACHA’s work against racism and other oppressions, we strive to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Woman identified and non-binary persons, who are Indigenous, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, bi-sexual, 2 Spirit, queer, racialized, with disAbilities, and/or who experience any other oppressions are encouraged to apply.