SACHA is looking for a fabulous intersectional feminist to work with us as our Director.
Come work at a vibrant modified collective where we live and work our values. Plus our potlucks are legendary.
JOB POSTING – Director
Salary: $67,375, plus competitve benefits package
SACHA, the Sexual Assault Centre (Hamilton and Area) is seeking an exceptional woman or non-binary leader to fill the position of Director. The new Director would be leading a committed group of staff and volunteers, who bring years of dedication to providing supports to people who have experienced sexualized violence at any point in their lives. We operate as a modified collective and work to end violence and oppression through education, advocacy, outreach, coalition building, community partnerships, and activism. The Director will ensure that processes and structures are in place for effective Centre management. They will provide leadership in meeting SACHA’s Mission through the development and management of goals, policies and programs.
The incumbent will possess the following qualifications:
- Five-years senior leadership experience in a feminist organization or social service agency or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- A well-developed intersectional, feminist analysis of sexualized violence;
- A strong commitment to building an inclusive and accessible organization;
- Skills in the facilitation of organizational change and community engagement;
- Strong supervisory and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of front-line survivor issues, counselling, and public education;
- Strong administrative, communication and public education skills including social media;
- Strong knowledge of financial management skills including working with budgets, financial statements, grant proposal writing and fundraising.
Please send letter and resume by Friday October 5, 2018 to:
SACHA Hiring Committee
No phone calls or emails please.
As part of SACHA’s work against racism and other oppressions, we strive to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Woman identified and non-binary persons, who are Indigenous, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, bi-sexual, pan sexual, 2 Spirit, queer, racialized, with disAbilities, and/or who experience any other oppressions are encouraged to apply. Working knowledge of multiple languages an asset.